Sunday 30 December 2012

Blue Tweed


We were on our way to the cottage last summer when the traffic backed up on the 417, we quickly got off at Parkdale in order to get to the Parkway. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning and though I was impatient to get to the cottage the Estate Sale sign by the side of the road diverted my attention. Though the location was a desired one, the house was a tiny post war two story two bedroom house. A friend of the deceased was helping get rid of the last remnants of the estate. On the second floor in a tiny bedroom on a single bed I found this blue tweed hat as if new , still stiff in its brim and unstained in its headband and crown, a hat I felt I could grow into. There was also a new pair of unlined leather gloves sitting beside it. I took them both at two dollars each.

No comments:

Post a Comment